Monday, May 31, 2010

School year over

Wow! I can't believe only 18 work days are left!!! My last day of work will be June 24th, this will be the students last day of school, and for teachers the last day is June 25th the very next day. Teachers need to clean out the classrooms, remove bulletin boards, cover shelves, and remove personal belongings if not returning for the next school year. Which is me. I have received the official "termination" letter from the school district, indication that this school year will be my last year with the school district due to the budget cuts in education.

How can this be? Why is education always last in priorities? There's a budget for everything else, but alas not for our future leaders, our students. Who need educators with experience, caring, and willing to go that extra mile for them. I'm still optimistic that the whole situation will be reversed just like last year where there was and educational stimulus package. But so far NO metion, will see what the future holds for all those "pink slip" teachers, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment